No products in the basket.
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ | FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
FRESH PACIFIC PILCHARD, HAKE, MACKEREL, FLOUNDER, ROCKFISH & SOLE
PACKED WITH FRESH, SUSTAINABLE AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH FROM VANCOUVER ISLAND TO SATISFY YOUR CAT’S BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A PROTEIN-RICH DIET.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein and a limited 16% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN SIX FISH nourishes all breeds and life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other cat food, 2/3 of ORJEN’s fish are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 6 fish ingredients.
- 1/3 of fish are gently dried at 90°C from fresh whole fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
- Nutrient-dense fresh whole fish (including fish, organs, and cartilage) provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive – only zinc, copper and choline are added.
- Generous infusions of freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
IS YOUR CAT'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How Much?
- 85% fish inclusions.
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium fish inclusions.
- All from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How Fresh?
- 2/3 Fresh or Raw, 1/3 Dehydrated or Dried.
- 2/3 of fish are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How Many?
- 6 different fish in WholePrey™ ratios.
- A variety of fish in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENT — ZINC, COPPER & CHOLINE
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
I85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh whole pacific pilchard (26%), fresh whole pacific hake (9%), fresh whole pacific mackerel (8%), fresh whole pacific flounder (5%), fresh whole rockfish (5%), fresh whole sole (5%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 5%), whole herring (dehydrated, 5%), whole blue whiting (dehydrated, 5%), herring oil (5%), alaskan cod (dehydrated, 5%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, sunflower oil (cold-pressed), whole sardines (dehydrated, 1.5%), lentil fiber, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, cod liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg; Choline chloride: 1200 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your cat shares her eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wild cat – which means she’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat and fish, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
|Crude protein (min.)||42 %|
|Fat content (min.)||20 %|
|Crude ash (min.)||9 %|
|Crude fibers (max.)||3 %|
|Moisture (max.)||10 %|
|Calcium (min.)||1.7 %|
|Phosphorus (min.)||1.3 %|
|Magnesium (min.)||0.1 %|
|Taurine (min.)||0.3 %|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||2.1 %|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||2.1 %|
|DHA (min.)||0.8 %|
|EPA (min.)||0.5 %|
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with her environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring her weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Six Fish distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 4120 kcal/kg (535 kcal per 250ml/130g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 41% from protein, 15% from vegetables and fruits, and 44% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats and fish that cats are evolved to eat.
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in fish and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 85% fish (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 15% low-glycemic vegetables and fruits
- 42% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of fish ingredients from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried fish is prepared at 90°C from fresh whole fish deemed fit for human consumption to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh fish and meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the fish are FRESH or RAW, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of fish are dried and prepared at low temperature from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats and fish. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Wild Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
- Wild Pacific Hake from North Vancouver Island
- Wild Pacific Mackerel from North Vancouver Island
- Wild Pacific Flounder from North Vancouver Island
- Wild Pacific Rockfish from North Vancouver Island
- Wild Pacific Sole from North Vancouver Island
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb.
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates yet conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Six Fish is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.