No products in the basket.
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ | FOR OVERWEIGHT DOGS
FRESH FREE-RUN CHICKEN AND TURKEY, NEST-LAID EGGS AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH
OVERWEIGHT DOGS BENEFIT FROM A DIET RICH IN PROTEIN TO SUPPORT LEAN MUSCLE MASS, WITH CARBOHYDRATES AND CALORIES LIMITED FOR PEAK CONDITIONING.
- 42% richly nourishing protein, 17% carbohydrates and a unique blend of soluble fibres nourish overweight dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other dry dog food, 2/3 of ORIJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of poultry and fish are gently dried at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish, creating a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy dogs.
IS YOUR DOG’S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How Much?
- 85% meat inclusions.
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
- All from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How Fresh?
- 2/3 Fresh or Raw, 1/3 Dehydrated or Dried.
- 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How Many?
- 7 different animals in WholePrey™ ratios.
- A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENTS — ZINC
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh chicken meat (14%), fresh whole eggs (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh turkey meat (6%), fresh chicken liver (6%), fresh whole flounder (4%), fresh whole mackerel (4%), fresh whole pacific hake (4%), fresh turkey liver (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), alaskan pollock (dehydrated, 4%), lentil fiber, whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), fresh turkey heart (1%), apple fiber, dried algae (source of DHA and EPA), pumpkin (dehydrated), butternut squash (dehydrated), carrots (dehydrated), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf – which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
|Crude protein (min.)||42 %|
|Fat content (min.)||13 %|
|Crude ash (max.)||8 %|
|Crude fibers (max.)||8 %|
|Moisture (max.)||12 %|
|Calcium (min.)||1.4 %|
|Phosphorus (min.)||1.1 %|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||2.2 %|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||0.9 %|
|DHA (min.)||0.25 %|
|EPA (min.)||0.15 %|
|Glucosamine (min.)||1000 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (min.)||900 mg/kg|
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
Your dog is unique and his feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
ORIJEN Fit & Trim provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors the natural diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 3530 kcal/kg (425 kcal per 250ml/120g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 48% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits, and 33% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that dogs are evolved to eat.
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meat (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Fit & Trim features a rich diversity of fresh meats in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh free-run Cobb chicken from Prairie farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Prairie farms
- Fresh and whole nest-laid eggs from Prairie farms
- Fresh, whole Pacific Herring, Mackerel, Flounder and Hake, wild-caught from North Vancouver Island
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
While dogs have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, conventional dog foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Fit & Trim is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.