Get the best puppy food!
ORIJEN’s range of food for puppies can be found below. If you have any nutritional questions, please do get in touch with us at CustomerCare@BernPetFoods.co.uk or call 01737 767679.
The first year of a puppy’s life is when they lay the foundations for their future health…
All puppies burn calories at an incredible rate, so the right balance of high-calorie, muscle-building foods is essential. Their diet must support the needs of growing muscle mass without allowing them to put too much weight on young bones.
Orijen’s range of premium puppy food can be found above. With over 30 years’ experience creating the best foods for dogs, new puppy owners will often ask us;
- What should I look for in a good puppy food?
- How much should I be feeding my puppy?
- How can I make sure my puppy is getting all the nutrition they need?
What is the best diet for a puppy?
What puppies eat has a direct impact on their growth towards adulthood. ORIJEN Puppy food is made using the highest quality ingredients, sourcing the best free-run poultry and eggs, whole wild-caught fish, farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and regionally-grown botanicals.
But it doesn’t end there. These ingredients are received into purpose-built kitchens with commercial scale coolers to store fresh ingredients without the need for artificial preservatives. Proprietary cooking processes are used to retain the maximum nutrients, including steam cooking with no water added and specialised drying techniques.
What should owners look for in dry puppy food?
With so many different types of dog food on the market, knowing what to feed a puppy can often feel overwhelming. That’s why we’ve listed a few key factors to look out for:
- Does your puppy’s food contain at least 50% of meat content?
- Does the recipe include fresh meat, meaning it is made from fresh meat preserved by refrigeration only, without artificial preservatives to lock in their natural goodness?
- Is this meat in whole prey portions – a nourishing balance of meat, organs and cartilage – to mirror the natural diet?
- Does the food include a variety of meats from different animals?
ORIJEN puppy foods are packed with 85% quality animal ingredients, with poultry, fish and whole eggs, two-thirds of which is fresh or raw. We provide your puppy with all the nutrients it needs.
How much should I feed my puppy?
It is recommended to start with the feeding portions as suggested on the pet food packaging. Weighing your puppy’s daily feeding allowance allows you to monitor their intake.
It’s also important for your puppy to have a constant supply of fresh, clean water, no matter how cold or hot the weather is. Even a few hours without water can make dogs unwell, so keep the bowl topped up.
ORIJEN has developed two premium dry puppy foods that are perfect for your pup depending on their breed and size:
- ORIJEN Puppy provides a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein to fully support your puppy’s rapid growth and development
- ORIJEN Puppy Large, suitable for larger breeds (weighing more than 30kg at maturity), is rich in protein to support muscle mass, yet calorie limited to promote healthy weight and reduce stress on developing bones and joints